The numbered lessons of the written Handbook (Part I) are organized to be used with the numbered Illustrations (Part II):
1. The Handbook format was developed in response to requests by health care providers, community health workers, teachers, pastors and other community leaders to enable them to provide ongoing individual and community health care education.
2. The program was developed for use by non-medical as well as medical people, and can be easily individualized to meet the most important needs of your community.
3. The 8.5×11 inch notebook size illustrations and PDF digital format with mobile phone, e-book and computer screen projection are used by physicians and other educators for smaller groups and for patient-specific teaching.
4. The 11×17 inch illustration posters and PDF digital format with large screen projections are used to provide the most critical community-specific information to larger groups of patients.
5. We also attempt to present the information in the most culturally appropriate manner demonstrating a participatory approach that will most likely result in patient and community ownership, sustainability and multiplication.
6. In addition, optional italicized sections are included to address area-specific diseases such as schistosomiasis and to assist medical teams.