THE MOST IMPORTANT KNOWLEDGE as reported in sections 2 & 3 of the HEPFDC is undergoing revision to incorporate the following:
- COVID-19, SARS, Bird & Swine Flu, Ebola and other zoonoses (diseases transmitted from animals to humans) have now become our most important cause of unnecessary deaths and suffering.
- These are dramatically increasing due to wet markets, factory farms and our excessive use of animals for food.
- COVID-19 as bad as it is, is only a CDC category 2-3, and scientists fear our future pandemics may be even worse.
THE GOOD NEWS IS:
- UN, WHO, CDC and other evidence-based reports document the simple life-style change we can easily make to not only prevent future pandemics, but also WHO’s three “Slow Motion Disasters” of Non-Communicable Diseases, Climate Change, and Antibiotic Resistance.
- Note: There are some areas of the world where animal products are still necessary for adequate nutrition. However this is definitely not the case for the US and most countries. In fact, long before COVID-19, overwhelming scientific evidence had proven that our current use of animals for food had become a leading cause of death and disability. Viral pandemics simply act more quickly.
- Fortunately, UN, WHO and CDC guidelines report there is much that Each of Us Can Do. The following 2 page (single sheet) handout briefly summarizes:
IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE / PREVENTION OF PANDEMICS (Five Scientific Evidence-Based Blessings of Plant-Based Eating)